I’ve noticed how crucial it’s to manage reservations effectively, especially during peak hours. Last weekend, we had a huge influx of guests, and being on top of the seating arrangements really helped keep the vibe positive. Do any of you have strategies for handling wait times that keep guests satisfied and the flow smooth?
I totally get that managing wait times is key. One thing we’ve done is offer complimentary snacks or drinks to guests while they wait, which really makes a difference in keeping spirits high. Have you tried anything similar?
Managing reservations can feel like herding cats sometimes! I find that having a digital waitlist really helps keep things organized and gives guests a sense of timing. How do you usually keep track of things when it gets hectic, @danthom?
A good practice I’ve found is to allocate flexible time slots for reservations during peak hours; this way, you can accommodate more guests without them feeling rushed. Have you considered using a digital tool to manage this, like OpenTable? It really streamlines the process.