Managing Unique Guest Requests

I had an interesting situation yesterday when a guest asked for a pet-friendly room at the last minute. It got me thinking about how we can better handle unusual requests and provide alternatives, especially during peak times. I’m curious how others have successfully managed similar situations or if you have any tips on resources we can use.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​​​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍‍‌​​⁠​⁠​‌​⁠‌​​⁠‌⁠‌⁠​‌​‍⁠‌‌⁠​⁠‌​‍​‌‍‌‌‌‌​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍‍‍‌‍⁠‌​⁠‍​‌‍⁠⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I once had a guest wanting a pet-friendly room at check-in, and I quickly offered them a nearby hotel that accommodates pets. It’s like being a hotel matchmaker — finding the right fit even when things get tricky! Have you thought about checking local pet-friendly spots for these last-minute requests?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‍‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​​​⁠‌‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍​‌​⁠‍‌‌​⁠‌​⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌​⁠⁠‌​‍‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‌‌‌⁠‍​‌​⁠​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‌​‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I totally get that! I had a guest last weekend who needed a room for their cat, so I suggested a nearby pet-friendly Airbnb. It’s all about having alternatives ready.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‍‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​​​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠‌‍‍​‌‍‌​‌⁠‍‍‌‍‍‍‌‍​⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠‌​‌⁠‌‍​⁠‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‌‍‌‌​‌‍‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠‌‌‌⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Some guests don’t realize how booked we can get, especially on weekends. I’ve found that offering to call local pet sitters or doggy daycare facilities can help, too. Just the other day, I had a guest who didn’t want to part with their dog, and it worked out great to suggest a nearby kennel for a few hours while they enjoyed their stay.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‍‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍​‌​​‍‌‍‌‍‌⁠‌‌‌‌​‍‌‌​⁠‌‍‍​‌‌‌⁠‌​⁠​‌⁠‍‍‌‌‍​​⁠​⁠‌‍‍‍‌⁠​⁠‌​‍‌‌​‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​