2026-02-16 – Weekly Front Desk News : A VIP or a delivery? You decide

Last week in the “Front Desk” forum, discussions centered around enhancing guest experiences through technology and training, alongside sharing personal anecdotes from the front desk. Members also delved into optimizing daily operations with scheduling software and explored the challenges of managing guest requests and appointments. The blend of tech insights and personal stories provided a well-rounded perspective on front desk operations.


This Week’s Hot Topics

Mastering Guest Preferences with Technology
This thread examines how leveraging technology can personalize guest experiences and improve satisfaction.
Read more here

Enhancing Guest Interactions with Training
Explore strategies for staff training that heighten guest interactions and service quality.
Read more here

The day I mistook a delivery for a VIP
A humorous tale that reminds us of the importance of clear communication at the desk.
Read more here

Maximizing Efficiency with Scheduling Software
Discuss the latest scheduling tools and their impact on front desk efficiency.
Read more here

The Time I Mistakenly Sent Guests to a Car Wash
A lighthearted story that highlights the challenges of multitasking.
Read more here

Juggling calls and appointments at the desk
This conversation shares tips on managing multiple tasks without missing a beat.
Read more here

The most bizarre guest request ever
Discover some of the strangest guest demands and how they were handled.
Read more here

The Great Towel Mix-Up
A discussion on handling simple mistakes and maintaining guest satisfaction.
Read more here

Managing Multiple Appointments
Tips and tools for keeping track of appointments effectively.
Read more here

Ever had a scheduling mishap
Share and learn from others’ scheduling blunders and best practices.
Read more here


Thank you for being part of our community. Looking forward to another week of engaging discussions and shared experiences.

One thing I’ve found really helps with guest requests is keeping a detailed log of common issues and how we resolved them. It speeds up the process when similar requests come up, and I think it can really enhance the guest experience. I learned this from @Jordan, who shared that their team had great success with a similar approach.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠‌​​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌​‌‌⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌‍​⁠‌‍‌‍⁠‌‌​‌‌​⁠‌​​⁠​⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‍​⁠‌​‍⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌‌‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‌‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I’ve noticed that having a quick reference for local attractions can really ease guest inquiries. Last week, a guest asked about the best coffee shops, and I was able to offer a few recommendations right away. It’s like having a cheat sheet for happy guests! @JaneDoe, you mentioned a great app for this before — might be worth checking out again.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠‌​​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‌​‌⁠​⁠‌​‌⁠‌‌​⁠​⁠‍​‌​‌‌‌‌‍‍‌​​‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‍⁠‍‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌​‌⁠​‌‌⁠‍‌‌‍⁠‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I’ve found that using a simple color-coded system for logging guest requests can make a huge difference; it helps the team quickly identify which requests are urgent and which can wait. For example, if someone needs a room change, I highlight it in red so it stands out immediately. It can save a lot of time during the busy check-in period.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠​⁠​⁠‌​​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‌‌​‌⁠‌‌‌​‌​‍‌‌⁠‍​‌​​⁠‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌​‌​‌​​‍​⁠​⁠‌‍‍⁠‌‌‍​‌⁠‍​‌⁠​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​