Enhancing Our Communication Skills

I’ve been reflecting on how crucial communication is at the front desk. Recently, we had a situation where clear information could have turned a frustrated guest experience into a positive one. I’d love to hear about any training or resources you’ve found helpful in this area, especially anything practical that can improve team coordination and guest interactions.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‌​⁠​‌‌‍‍‍‌‍⁠​‌‌​⁠‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌​‌⁠‍‍‌‍​⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‍‌‌‌​⁠‍‌‍‌‍‌​⁠‌‌‌​​‌‍‌‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

But i totally get what you mean about communication. Last week, we had a guest who was really frustrated because they weren’t given clear check-in instructions. I found that a quick team huddle before peak hours helps us stay aligned, kind of like a pit crew in a race. Maybe something like @FrontDeskTraining could offer a workshop on active listening, which could really help us all out.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‌‍​‌‍‌‌‌‌‍‍‌‍‍​‌‍‍‌‌​‍⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‍‍‌‍‌‍‌⁠​​‌‍​⁠‌‍⁠⁠​⁠​‍‌⁠​‍‌⁠​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

And , I know exactly what you mean! Just last month, we had a guest miss their dinner reservation because we didn’t give clear directions on how to get there. I found it really helpful to create a quick checklist of important info to share during check-in. @ashley8764, I think even a simple template for common queries could save us a lot of headaches?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​​‌⁠​‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​⁠⁠​⁠​⁠‌⁠​⁠‌​‍‍‌‌​‍‌‌​​‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠​⁠‌‍⁠‍‌​‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

Totally agree! Clear check-in instructions can save so much hassle. We’ve started using a quick reference guide that helps everyone stay on the same page.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠‌​​⁠​‌​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠‍​‌​‌⁠‌​‍‌‌‍‍‍‌‍‍⁠​⁠‌​‌‌‌⁠‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‍‍‌‌‌⁠⁠‌​‌​‌⁠‍‍‌​‌⁠‌​​⁠‌​⁠‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​