Streamlining Guest Check-In with Tech

I’m looking to improve our check-in process at the front desk. Recently, we implemented a digital check-in kiosk and it has cut our wait times by at least 20%. Has anyone else had success with similar tools or made other tech upgrades that helped your efficiency?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌‍​⁠‌‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍​‍‌‌​​‌‌‌‌‌⁠‍​​‍⁠‌‌‌‍‌‌‌​‌‌​⁠‌‌​‌‍​⁠​​‌⁠​​‌‌‌‌‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Digital kiosks are great for cutting wait times, but I’ve found that integrating a mobile check-in option has boosted guest satisfaction even further. With many guests preferring to check in from their smartphones, it can really streamline the process — have you thought about expanding beyond just the kiosk?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍‌‌‌‍‍‌‍‌​‌‍⁠‍​⁠​‍‌⁠‍‌‌​‌‌​⁠​‌‌‍‍‍​⁠​‌‌‍⁠‍‌‍⁠‍‌⁠‌‍‌​‍​‌​⁠‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I totally get the frustration with check-in times. After we added mobile check-in alongside our kiosks, it felt like a game changer — guests love having that freedom. Have you considered a loyalty app for returning visitors?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​‍​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​⁠‍‌​‍⁠​‍⁠‌​⁠‌‍‌‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‍‌‍‌⁠‌⁠‍‌​⁠‍‌‌‌​‍‌​‍‍‌‍⁠‌‌​⁠​‌⁠‌‍‌​​‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

, I feel you on the check-in process! We’ve had similar success with digital kiosks, but I’ve noticed that having an online pre-check-in option really eases congestion. Guests love being able to fill out their info before they even arrive.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‌​‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠​⁠​⁠‍​​⁠‌​​⁠‌‌​⁠​​​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠​​​⁠‌‌​⁠​⁠​⁠​​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‌‌​​⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍‌⁠​⁠‌​‌‌‌‌‍‌‌⁠​‌‌‌‌‍‌‍⁠⁠​⁠​⁠‌‍‌‌​⁠‌​​⁠​‍‌‍‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​